New Orleans BBQ Shrimp
- Monday, April 21, 2014
- 0 comments
Classic New Orleans recipe for succulent BBQ Shrimp with french bread.
Chef: Patrick Mould
3 pounds Vermilion Bay Sweet® “Easy Peel” Shrimp
2 Tablespoons Cajun seasoning Cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic Juice from 3 lemons
1⁄2 cup shrimp stock
1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1⁄4 cup dry white wine
3 tablespoon minced fresh oregano 2 tablespoon minced fresh thyme 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons flour
1⁄4 cup unsalted chilled butter
1⁄4 cup chopped green onions
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1. Sprinkle the shrimp with 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning and generous amount of fresh cracked black pepper. Toss to coat the shrimp with the seasonings. Refrigerate the shrimp while you make the sauce base.
2. Heat 2 tablespoon of the oil in a large pot over high heat. When the oil is hot, add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Add lemon juice, shrimp stock, Worcestershire sauce, white wine, oregano, thyme, and salt. Bring to boil.
4. Stir together melted butter and flour to form a roux. Stir in roux and simmer until sauce thickens.
5. Add the seasoned shrimp and cook them, occasionally shaking the skillet, for 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked. (Be careful not to overcook.)
6. Remove the shrimp to a platter with tongs.
7. Allow sauce to cook for an additional 2 minutes. Lower fire and swirl in chilled butter. Ladle the sauce over cooked shrimp.
8. Sprinkle minced green onions and parsley over top of cooked shrimp.
9. Serve with crusty loaf of French bread for mopping up sauce.
Yields 6 servings.