Gulf Black Drum Creole
- Friday, August 23, 2013
- (Disabled) comments
A flavorful, tomato-based creole, made with the up-and-coming Vermilion Bay Sweet Black Drum.
Chef: Patrick Mould
1. Portion out Vermilion Bay Black Drum into 4 ounce portions. Season with seasoning and set aside for use later in recipe.
2. In a large saucepot big enough to hold all ingredients, heat butter. Add onion, celery, green and red bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in garlic, thyme, Creole seasoning and hot sauce. Cook for additional minute. Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, ketchup, chicken broth, lemon slices and bay leaves. Bring to simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Lay seasoned Black Drum portions on top of sauce. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Be careful not to overcook fish.
5. Ladle serving around 1 cup of cooked rice. Top with generous portion of green onions and parsley.
Yield: 8 servings