The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) is reminding the public that the meeting times of some previously scheduled public meetings on spotted seatrout have changed. All meetings will now begin at 6:00 pm, except the meeting in Ruston, which remains at 1:00 p.m. The change was made based upon comments received regarding the original meeting start time in order to address concerns about getting to locations in populated areas by 5pm.
LDWF also changed the location of the Lake Charles meeting to the Calcasieu Parish Extension Office at 7101 Gulf Highway, Lake Charles, La.
A list of the remaining meetings is below:
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020 – LDWF HQ, Herring Room, 2000 Quail Drive, Baton Rouge, La
- Thursday, February 13, 2020 – Lafayette Council Chambers, 705 West University Avenue, Lafayette, La
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020 – East Bank Regional Library, 4747 West Napoleon Avenue, Metairie, La
- Thursday, February 20, 2020 – Slidell Municipal Auditorium, 2056 Second Street, Slidell, La
- Wednesday, February 26, 2020 – Calcasieu Parish Extension Office, 7101 Gulf Highway, Lake Charles, La
- Thursday, February 27, 2020 – Rapides Parish Extension Office, 300 Grady Britt Drive, Alexandria, La
- Saturday, February 29, 2020 – Lincoln Parish Library, 910 North Trenton Street, Ruston, La
LDWF is partnering with Louisiana Sea Grant to use interactive voting technology at these public hearings in response to a survey that will be given at the meetings. LDWF will also be sending out an email survey identical to the survey that will be administered at public meetings.
For more information, please contact Jason Adriance at 504-284-2032 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us atwww.wlf.la.gov. To receive email alerts, signup at http://www.wlf.la.gov/signup.